Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Life in Pictures

Cousin party time.

Yes, that is an albino peacock.

And those bunnies from Pinterest make me want a nap.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Crazy Busy Life

This past week has just flown by. I've started my half marathon training, with 6 miles yesterday. Training for Dam to Dam I ran my long runs at 12:30-13:30 mile pace, which was comfortable to run for long mileage. Now, I have done 2 runs at 5 and 6 mile lengths at 10:30-11:15 mile pace. I am not trying any harder. I have not worked our any more frequently than I have for the past 2.5 years. I give it all to my choice to open my mind to products that will safely enhance my endurance and performance. Catalyst+spark+rehydrate=happy girl. 

Also, Alex has been cooking a lot. A lot of amazing Asian dishes. I am not mad, but it explains my lack of food posts. I will just complain about running instead.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

State Fair Time

So Friday night Alex and I went on our yearly pilgrimage to the Iowa State Fair. Our general love for animals and food really are the driving force here. This year was no different with the addition of this baby.
Yes, that is a maple bacon funnel cake. Translation=heaven. I ran 5 miles in the morning (and felt great. Training at 11 min/mile from 13 before dam to dam..I'm sure Saucony would love all the credit, but ill give it 30% and the other 70% to Advocare) 

We saw so many awesome animals.

How can you not love that guy? 

These are my favorite chickens. So fluffy.

Llama love.

And we went to the petting zoo. And fed goats. Win. 

I still can't handle that camel hump day commercial. Gets me every time.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Proper Form...I Don't Have It.

So this week our trainer did a couple sessions on proper deadlift and squat form. Both with kettlebells and barbells. Let's be honest, I know I don't have good form in my back for heavy lifting. I am a past fat/lazy/not strong girl, and sometimes that shines through. I am bad at keeping my shoulders back, and I often round my back. Both of these are AWFUL for your back and can lead to injury. We spent an hour on both the deadlift and the squat seperately, broke them down, and really got to the root of form. When I started I looked like this:

I now expect to look like this:

Her abs come with good form right?

But for real, if you have a chance to work with someone on nailing proper form, it is worth every penny. Being injured is NOT fun, as I have been in the past. I have a bad knee, so I tend to want to turn it out when squatting. It almost hurts to keep it straight, but I know once I get used to it, it will be 100% better on my knees. Plus, how am I gonna get Beyonce's behind without some squats and deadlifts?

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Brunch is For Winners

Today I went on a good 4.5 mile run. I don't remember what my life was like before Advocare, and I don't want to find it back. Spark and Rehydrate are essential for outdoor training. I finished feeling great and did an 11.5 mile bike ride with family today. Clearly with more Rehydrate. 

We made an awesome breakfast pizza today. It was good and not nearly the stats of our local gas station fare. 

1/2 package Great Value crust mix (the kind you just add water)
6 slices center cut bacon, cooked and chopped
1/2 cup egg beaters
1/2 cup egg whites
2 servings weight watchers shredded cheese
2 servings Velveeta shreds pepper jack

Cook up and scramble the egg beaters and egg whites together. Cook bacon and cut up.

Mix pizza crust as directed and spread out and proof with a fork.

Bake on lower rack at 475 for 5 minutes. 

Remove and spread weight watchers cheese. Then spread egg and bacon, and too with Velveeta cheese. 

Bake on bottom rack at 475 for 8 minutes. Promptly devour half of it.

One half of the pizza is 437 calories and 37g of protein.