Friday, August 9, 2013

Proper Form...I Don't Have It.

So this week our trainer did a couple sessions on proper deadlift and squat form. Both with kettlebells and barbells. Let's be honest, I know I don't have good form in my back for heavy lifting. I am a past fat/lazy/not strong girl, and sometimes that shines through. I am bad at keeping my shoulders back, and I often round my back. Both of these are AWFUL for your back and can lead to injury. We spent an hour on both the deadlift and the squat seperately, broke them down, and really got to the root of form. When I started I looked like this:



I now expect to look like this:


Her abs come with good form right?

But for real, if you have a chance to work with someone on nailing proper form, it is worth every penny. Being injured is NOT fun, as I have been in the past. I have a bad knee, so I tend to want to turn it out when squatting. It almost hurts to keep it straight, but I know once I get used to it, it will be 100% better on my knees. Plus, how am I gonna get Beyonce's behind without some squats and deadlifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment