Friday, July 26, 2013

Crossfit Hurts My Arms, Legs, and Soul

Today I tried out Crossfit with a good friend from work. I would have taken a picture but my arms couldn't hold up my phone after the workout. That place is no joke and I wanted to cry a little. Ok a lot.

I made some muffins today for our workout/breakfast at our trainer's house tomorrow. They aren't the best thing in the whole world, but they are good.

White Chocolate Craisin muffins 
1 stick margarine 
1/3 cup sugar
1.5 T brown sugar Splenda blend
1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup egg beaters
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup reduced sugar craisins

Cream butter and sugars together. Add egg beaters an mix. Add flour, milk, baking powder and mix well. It will be really thick (this is where I should have added more milk, so that might be wise) 
Fold in chips and craisins, and scoop into 18 muffin tins. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. 

They are pretty good, but they are sense and a little flat. Next time I may add some applesauce and a bit more milk. Possibly also cut the whole wheat flour with some all purpose or cake flour. They still taste good, so I'm not too mad.. Just don't expect a fluffy and light muffin. 



No comments:

Post a Comment