Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sore Arms Make Me Grumpy

So those burpees yesterday? Hurt a lot today. All over.

Luckily tonight was more strength oriented and I only wanted to die a little, not a lot.

Also, I registered for my first half marathon. This is likely a bad idea. It is so far. I will try not to think about it until October 20th at about 7:59 am.

Tonight I made a modified version of Mexican Sweet Potatoes that I found on Pinterest.
2 sweet potatoes, cooked in skin (I microwaved about 10 minutes)
3 chili peppers in adobo sauce, minced
1 oz fat free cream cheese
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1.5 servings corn, canned, reduced sodium
1.5 servings black beans, canned, no salt added
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 white onion
1 T margarine
1/2 cup Velveeta shreds pepper jack 

Start by heating a cast iron and adding corn. Sprinkle with seasoning. (I used salt, pepper, and Mrs Dash Chipolte) don't stir it, let it roast. Only stir a couple times and roast about 10 minutes. Put in a bowl with beans and set aside. Melt butter and cook onion in pan. Add those to the corn/beans. Mix peppers, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and cilantro in a bowl. Cut potatoes length wise, hollow out and add to bowl. Mix well, then gently add bean/corn/onion mix. Then cram them into the potato skins again and top with cheese.

Then broil for about 4 minutes on low. 

Then devour. Trust me, one is enough. It is tons of food. And delicious. 

244 calories and 10g of protein. I will add chicken next time to up the protein, but they were delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment