Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Last Day of Advocare Cleanse

So I drank my last fiber drink today. I bet you can guess how mad I am about that.
All in all, this cleanse has left me feeling great. I feel better, fuller, and faster. It's strange to think what just 10 days can do. I have not weighed in yet, but I am hoping for a couple pounds lost. 
Tonight I made a modified version of this recipe.

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 medium onion
1 green bell pepper
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 yellow bell pepper
4-5 larger baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
1 lemon

For the rub:
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp olive oil
1.5 T red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

I rubbed the sauce on the chicken and threw them into my deep covered baker. Then I tossed the veggies in the rub and threw them on top, the lemon spread across the very top. Bake for 45 minutes at 425. 

This was delicious. It had a strong citrus flavor, so if you don't like that, you will want to not use the whole lemon. The servings were huge. 

Seriously, make this now. You won't regret it. And for 365 calories and 39 grams of protein per serving you can't go wrong. (Recipe listed makes 2 servings)



No comments:

Post a Comment