Thursday, June 27, 2013

Advocare Cleanse Day 4

Today we went to the 5am Bootcamp class because we had plans tonight. That whole Spark before workout thing REALLY helped me at 4:45 am. I don't want to remember what my life was like before meeting Spark. I don't even sell this stuff, I just love it. 
Enough with that love affair. This was the end of rugby week. We played some sort of no contact rugby, ran a lot of drills, but it was actually a lot of fun. 
For breakfast I had a smoothie like day 2 and some egg whites scrambled. Lunch was a salad with salmon to switch it up, much appreciated. At least my snacks can vary from rice cakes and natural peanut butter, fruits, almonds, and veggies. That has helped keep me sane during the day. For dinner I modified a recipe from the Advocare cookbook for crockpot fajitas.

1 green bell pepper
1 colored bell pepper
1 small onion
1 Jalepeno
1/4 C cilantro
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large tomato, chopped 
14 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
Chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder to taste

Chop all veggies (I just cut peppers and onion into strips) and set aside. Trim chicken if necessary. Put chicken in the bottom of a crockpot. Season with seasonings (I used a lot, but we like things a bit spicy. I also added some red pepper flake). Dump in all veggies on top of chicken and turn crockpot on high. Mine took about 3 hours on high then I turned it on low for another 1.5 hours. Shred the chicken (mine shredded just by stirring it) and viola! You get this:
I even dumped some on my brown rice. It made 4 servings (one serving in the picture) for 123 calories and 22 grams of protein. Delicious. 

So our plans tonight? My little sister in law put her dog into the pet parade for the town Summerfest. She won "best look alike". Adorable.
I personally couldn't stop staring at these two. But I have an unnatural love for rabbits.
And a close up just to make you go "Awwwwwww!"






No comments:

Post a Comment